Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 10/27/2020
- USNI News Fleet and Marine Tracker: Oct. 26, 2020USNI News Graphic These are the approximate positions of the U.S. Navy’s deployed carrier strike groups and amphibious ready groups throughout the world as of Oct. 26, 2020, based on … More
- Air Boss Orders Naval Aviation Safety Stand Down After Two CrashesBy: Sam LaGrone Navy T-6B Texan IIs at NAS Pensacola, Fla. US Navy Photo The head of naval aviation has ordered a safety stand down after two crashes last week only … More
- Marine Corps says goodbye to the Super CobraPhilip Athey The AH-1W Super Cobra participates in a final flight during the Whiskey Sundown Ceremony at Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base, New Orleans, on Oct. 14. (Lance Cpl. … More
- Super Hornet Crashes Near China Lake, Pilot in Stable ConditionBy: Sam LaGrone An F/A-18E Super Hornet assigned to the Sidewinders of Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA) 86 makes an arrested landing on the flight deck of the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS … More
- Vice Adm. Kenneth Whitesell Takes Command as New Navy Air BossBy: Mallory Shelbourne Vice Adm. DeWolfe Miller is properly relieved by Vice Adm. Kenneth Whitesell as Commander, Naval Air Forces and Commander, Naval Air Forces Pacific during a change of command … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 07/25/2020
Board of Directors Meeting: TBD
The September 2020 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
Your contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Third Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 06/05/2020
HRANA Squadron Luncheon
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
Note: Due to the Coronavirus situation, all HRANA events for 2020 have been suspended.
Articles Updated: 10/22/2020
- A Fleet without a Rudder
- Why Secretary Esper’s Call For Light Carriers Would Make The U.S. Navy Weaker
- RETHINKING THE U.S. NAVY’S CARRIER FLEET
- BRING BACK THE SEAPLANE
- The Aircraft Carrier We Need
- Navy Clear on Causes of Physiological Events in Pilots; Final Recommendations Released for PE Mitigation
- Claims Of Aircraft Carrier Vulnerability Are False, But The Versatility Is Real
- At a budgetary crossroads, the US Navy’s aviation wing must choose between old and new
- Pentagon Study Would Cut Aircraft Carriers, Undermining Most Useful U.S. Warfighting System
- Defense Department study calls for cutting 2 of the US Navy’s aircraft carriers
America’s Active Aircraft Carriers: Click Here