Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 05/11/2021
- USNI News Fleet and Marine Tracker: May 10, 2021USNI News Graphic These are the approximate positions of the U.S. Navy’s deployed carrier strike groups and amphibious ready groups throughout the world as of May 3, 2021, based on … More
- Aircraft carrier Gerald Ford finishes post-delivery tests and trialsDiana Stancy Correll A C-2A Greyhound powers down its engines on the flight deck of the aircraft carrier Gerald R. Ford in September 2020. Ford is on track to deploy … More
- Ford Carrier Strike Group Maximizes New CVN’s Gear, Design In Final Test Event Before Shock TrialsBy: Megan Eckstein Seaman Saruis Webb, from Chicago, assigned to USS Gerald R. Ford’s (CVN-78) weapons department, stands an armed watch with an H-2B .50 caliber machine gun during sea and … More
- Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group Could Extend Stay in Middle East to Cover Afghanistan WithdrawalBy: Sam LaGrone Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force destroyer Setogiri (DD 156), back, operates alongside aircraft carrier USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) in the Arabian Sea on April 19, 2021. US Navy … More
- The U.S. Navy Might Retire An Aircraft Carrier With 25 Years Of Life LeftBy Peter Suciu ATLANTIC OCEAN (Dec. 9, 2012) The X-47B Unmanned Combat Air System (UCAS) demonstrator taxies on the flight deck of the aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman (CVN 75). … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 04/08/2021
Board of Directors Meeting: 12 May 2021
The March 2021 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
Your contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Third Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 03/13/2021
HRANA Squadron Luncheon
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
Note: Due to the Coronavirus situation, all HRANA events for 2021 are suspended until further notice.
What: F-14 Tomcat Monument Dedication
Where: Naval Aviation Monument Park, Virginia Beach
When: TBD September 2021
Articles Updated: 05/04/2021
- Get real: The F-35 is the combat power America needs
- First F-35C Air Wing Ready to Bring 5th-Gen Fighters to Carrier Strike Group
- The U.S. Navy’s $3 Billion Plan To Rebuild An Aircraft Carrier
- Navy Brings ‘Precision Landing Mode’ Carrier Landing Assist Tool to New Fighter Pilots
- China Is Training To Sink U.S. Navy Aircraft Carriers
- Why The Navy Is Looking To End Carrier Qualifications Entirely For Its Pilots In Training
- No Margin Left: Overworked Carrier Force Struggles to Maintain Deployments After Decades of Overuse
- A Fleet without a Rudder
- Why Secretary Esper’s Call For Light Carriers Would Make The U.S. Navy Weaker
- RETHINKING THE U.S. NAVY’S CARRIER FLEET
America’s Active Aircraft Carriers: Click Here