Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 09/22/2020
- USNI News Fleet and Marine Tracker: Sept. 21, 2020USNI News Graphic These are the approximate positions of the U.S. Navy’s deployed carrier strike groups and amphibious ready groups throughout the world as of Sept. 21, 2020, based on … More
- Navy Mulling Extending Service Lives of Nimitz-class CarriersBy: Mallory Shelbourne Sailors aboard the aircraft carrier USS Nimitz (CVN-68) conduct a barricade drill on Oct. 28, 2019. US Navy Photo The Navy is considering an extension of the service … More
- Here’s when the US Navy thinks the carrier Ford will be ready to deployBy: David B. Larter WASHINGTON — The U.S. Navy is working to improve the reliability of the new aircraft launch and recovery systems as the service pushes its newest and most expensive … More
- VIDEO: Aerial Refueling for E-2Ds Will Expand Reach of Carrier Strike GroupsBy: Megan Eckstein An E-2D Advanced Hawkeye with VAW-126 is refueled in the air. US Navy Photo The Navy is bringing an aerial refueling capability to its E-2D Advanced Hawkeye command … More
- UPDATED: E-2C Hawkeye Crashes Near Wallops Island, Crew Recovered SafelyBy: Sam LaGrone An E-2C Hawkeye, assigned to Airborne Early Warning Squadron (VAW) 120, flies over the flight deck of the aircraft carrier USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74) in the Atlantic … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 07/25/2020
Board of Directors Meeting: TBD
The September 2020 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
Your contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Third Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 06/05/2020
HRANA Squadron Luncheon
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
Note: Due to the Coronavirus situation, all HRANA events for 2020 have been suspended.
Articles Updated: 07/22/2020
- RETHINKING THE U.S. NAVY’S CARRIER FLEET
- BRING BACK THE SEAPLANE
- The Aircraft Carrier We Need
- Navy Clear on Causes of Physiological Events in Pilots; Final Recommendations Released for PE Mitigation
- Claims Of Aircraft Carrier Vulnerability Are False, But The Versatility Is Real
- At a budgetary crossroads, the US Navy’s aviation wing must choose between old and new
- Pentagon Study Would Cut Aircraft Carriers, Undermining Most Useful U.S. Warfighting System
- Defense Department study calls for cutting 2 of the US Navy’s aircraft carriers
- Navy Kicks Off Study of Next-Generation Carriers, Naval Aviation
- U.S. Navy Plans To Stop Buying P-8 Poseidon Sub Hunters Despite Growing Undersea Threat
America’s Active Aircraft Carriers: Click Here