Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 04/01/2020
- Navy Can’t Afford to Slow Pilot Training Amid COVID-19 PandemicBy: Ben Werner A T-45C Goshawk training aircraft assigned to Carrier Training Wing (CTW) 2 launches from the flight deck of the aircraft carrier USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) on Feb. … More
- USNI News Fleet and Marine Tracker: March 30, 2020USNI News Graphic These are the approximate positions of the U.S. Navy’s deployed carrier strike groups and amphibious ready groups throughout the world as of March 30, 2020, based on … More
- Navy Says Ending Super Hornet Line Frees Up Resources for Life Extension WorkBy: Megan Eckstein Seaman Sakyra Baker stands aft lookout as an F/A-18 Super Hornet assigned to Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 7 lands on the flight deck of the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier … More
- Virginia Beach woman charged with aiming strobe lights at aircraftCourtney Mabeus The Naval Criminal Investigative Service released on its official social media platforms a pair of blurred images that appeared to show special agents and Virginia Beach Police Department … More
- CNO Gilday Defends 36-Month Carrier Cycle, Says Navy Has Never Missed a DeploymentBy: Megan Eckstein Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) Adm. Mike Gilday meets with Sailors during his visit to Naval Expeditionary Intelligence Command. US Navy Photo SAN DIEGO, Calif. – The chief … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 03/14/2020
Board of Directors Meeting: 1700 Wednesday, 6 May 2020, NAS Oceana O’Club
The March 2020 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
Your contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Third Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 03/31/2020
HRANA Squadron Luncheon
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
Note: Due to the Coronavirus situation, all HRANA events for April and May 2020 have been cancelled.
Articles Updated: 03/10/2020
- Navy Kicks Off Study of Next-Generation Carriers, Naval Aviation
- U.S. Navy Plans To Stop Buying P-8 Poseidon Sub Hunters Despite Growing Undersea Threat
- Former 4-Star Fleet Commanders: Don’t give up on carriers
- The US still needs aircraft carriers
- Why Aircraft Carriers Are The Most Cost-Effective Way Of Containing China’s Military
- OPINION: The Space Corps needs naval rank
- Why does the world look at an aircraft carrier as a barometer for Gulf tensions?
- Op-Ed: The strategic incoherence of our carrier policies
- Twilight of the flattop?
- What’s killing the US Navy’s air wing?
America’s Active Aircraft Carriers: Click Here