Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 07/09/2019
- USNI News Fleet and Marine Tracker: July 8, 2019USNI News Graphic These are the approximate positions of the U.S. Navy’s deployed carrier strike groups and amphibious ready groups throughout the world as of July 8, 2019, based on … More
- Navy Faces Time Crunch in Nominating Moran Replacement for CNO JobBy: Sam LaGrone Vice Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Bill Moran speaks to command master chiefs from around the Navy at the 2019 Leadership Mess Symposium on March 27, 2019. US … More
- Watch 2 US Navy Super Hornets ‘buzz the tower’ on the set of the new Top Gun movieRyan Pickrell F/A-18E Super Hornets from Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA) 136 “Knighthawks” fly in formation during a photo exercise over Calif. U.S. Navy photo by Chief Mass Communication Specialist Shannon … More
- The Navy’s new $13 billion carrier has run into trouble, and the Navy has called in some outside help.By PAUL MCLEARY The USS Gerald R. Ford WASHINGTON: Increasingly concerned over technological problems plaguing its new $13 billion nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, the Navy has dispatched a unique team of … More
- Naval Aviation Facing Unexpected Budget Shortfall; Options to Slow Spending Being ConsideredBy: Megan Eckstein Seaman Sakyra Baker stands aft lookout as an F/A-18 Super Hornet assigned to Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 7 lands on the flight deck of the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 07/14/2019
Board of Directors Meeting: 1700 Wednesday, 4 September 2019, NAS Oceana O’Club
The May 2019 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
F-14 Tomcat Sunset Monument Commemorative Brick
For additional information, click here: Click Here
LAST CALL! YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO PLACE A BRICK AT THE NAS OCEANA F-14 “PETTING ZOO” WILL TERMINATE AT THE END OF DECEMBER 2019. THE COST IS $125 PER BRICK. AFTER THAT ANY ORDERS RECEIVED WILL BE DONATED TO THE SOON-TO-BE TOMCAT TRIBUTE AT THE NAVAL AVIATION MONUMENT PARK, VIRGINIA BEACH OCEANFRONT.
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
Your contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Third Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 06/23/2019
HRANA Squadron June Luncheon
When: 1130, Wednesday, 21 August 2019
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
Note: No luncheon schedule for July.
2019 HRANA Barbecue
When: Friday 9 August, 1800-2200
Where: NAS Oceana Officers Club
For Additional Info: Click Here
Navy Blue Angels 2019 Schedule: Click Here
Articles Updated: 05/22/2019
- Navy to Change Pilot Call Sign Protocol After Minority Aviators Report Bias
- Why does the world look at an aircraft carrier as a barometer for Gulf tensions?
- Op-Ed: The strategic incoherence of our carrier policies
- Twilight of the flattop?
- What’s killing the US Navy’s air wing?
- US Marines turned a warship into an F-35 ‘Lightning carrier’ in a test to boost US power
- Is military aviation getting any safer? New mishap data shows mixed results.
- Retiring the Truman Early Is a Necessary Strategic Decision
- Legal storm clouds gather over Diego Garcia
- Report: U.S. Carriers Need New Lethal Unmanned Aircraft, New Fighter to Stay Relevant
America’s Active Aircraft Carriers: Click Here