Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 08/02/2022
- UPDATED: USNI News Fleet and Marine Tracker: Aug. 1, 2022USNI News Graphic This post has been updated to show USS America (LHA-6) is in port in Sasesbo Japan. These are the approximate positions of the U.S. Navy’s deployed carrier … More
- Navy Blue Angels’ Buzzing of Buildings Is Up in the Air a Year After a Flyby Injured a DozenThe U.S. Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron, the Blue Angels, perform the Diamond 360 maneuver over Orlando Melbourne International Airport during a practice flight for the Great Florida Airshow, May 13, … More
- Bush Carrier Strike Group Wraps Pre-Deployment Exercise, Set to Relieve Truman CSGBy: Sam LaGrone Naval Aircrewman (Helicopter) 3rd Class Taquan West, assigned to Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron (HSC) 5, keeps watch over the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS George H.W. Bush (CVN-77) and … More
- China launches third aircraft carrierBy Mike Yeo Colored smoke marks the launch ceremony for China’s third aircraft carrier, christened Fujian. This is the first such ship to be both designed and built entirely within the … More
- Naval aviation commanders offered $100,000 retention bonusBy Diana Stancy Correll An F/A-18F Super Hornet, attached to the “Red Rippers” of Strike Fighter Squadron 11, launches from the flight deck of the aircraft carrier Harry S. Truman … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 05/31/2022
Board of Directors Meeting: 1600, 13 July 2022
Where: NAS Oceana ‘O’ Club
The May 2022 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
Your contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Third Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 07/06/2022
NAS Oceana Airshow
When: September 16-18, 2022
Articles Updated: 06/23/2022
- No, aircraft carriers will not be useless in a war with China
- Naval aviation needs a plan to get out of the ‘danger zone’
- Navy Could Extend the Oldest Nimitz-class Carriers, Decision in Next Budget
- A Generational Change in Naval Aviation Has Begun Amidst Tight Budgets, Fighter Gaps
- US Navy confident it can fix its fighter jet shortfall — and avoid another
- VIDEO: Explosive USS Gerald R. Ford Shock Trial Registered as 3.9 Magnitude Earthquake
- The U.S. Navy’s $3 Billion Plan To Rebuild An Aircraft Carrier
- Navy Brings ‘Precision Landing Mode’ Carrier Landing Assist Tool to New Fighter Pilots
- China Is Training To Sink U.S. Navy Aircraft Carriers
- Why The Navy Is Looking To End Carrier Qualifications Entirely For Its Pilots In Training
Three takeaways from the US Navy’s first F-35C deployment: Click Here
America’s Active Aircraft Carriers: Click Here