Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 11/14/2018
- USNI News Fleet and Marine Tracker: Nov. 13, 2018By: US Naval Institute Staff USNI News Graphic These are the approximate positions of the U.S. Navy’s deployed carrier strike groups and amphibious ready groups throughout the world as of Nov. 13, 2018, … More
- Super Hornet Crashes in the Philippine Sea, Both Aviators Safely RecoveredBy: Sam LaGrone An F/A-18F Super Hornet lands on the flight deck of the Navy’s forward-deployed aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76) during Keen Sword 19 on Oct. 31, 2018. US … More
- California Wildfire Forces Evacuation of Point Mugu, Threatens Communication SitesBy: Gidget Fuentes Point Mugu, Calif. US Navy Photo SAN DIEGO, Calif. — Naval Air Station Point Mugu remained under mandatory evacuation orders Friday morning as a raging wildfire was burning … More
- HII: Future Carrier John F. Kennedy Construction Costs Down, Ship Will Launch Next YearBy: Ben Werner The final piece of the underwater hull of the future aircraft carrier USS John F. Kennedy (CVN 79) is lowered into place at Huntington Ingalls Industries Newport News … More
- VIDEO: Navy Says Russian Su-27 Intercepts U.S. EP-3 Over Black Sea in ‘Unsafe’ ManeuverBy: Megan Eckstein Screen capture from video of a Su-27 conducting an unsafe intercept of a Navy EP-3E Aries II over the Black Sea on Nov. 5, 2018, US Navy Image … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 09/10/2018
Board of Directors Meeting: 1700 Wednesday, 7 November 2018, NAS Oceana O’Club
The September 2018 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
F-14 Tomcat Sunset Monument Commemorative Brick
For additional information, click here: Click Here
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
Your contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Statue bases or Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 10/28/2018
HRANA Squadron January Luncheon
When: 1130, Wednesday, 16 January
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
HRANA Christmas Party
Navy Blue Angels 2019 Schedule: Click Here
Articles Updated: 11/06/2018
- As It Begins Its Second Century, Is the Aircraft Carrier Obsolete?
- Has safety improved a year after Navy and Marine aviation crisis?
- U.S. Aircraft Carrier Deployments at 25 Year Low as Navy Struggles to Reset Force
- Bullet’s bold blueprint to save Navy aviation
- The Big E keeps costing the Navy big bucks
- With Ships and Missiles, China Is Ready to Challenge U.S. Navy in Pacific
- Oceana at 75: Better than ever and getting better, but for how long?
- Report to Congress on Gerald R. Ford-class Aircraft Carrier Program
- Yes, North Korea Could Sink a Navy Aircraft Carrier. Here’s How.
- A leaked photo shows that China is building a supercarrier that could rival the US’ Nimitz-class carriers