Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 02/21/2017
- Trump flirting with big Super Hornet orderBy: Valerie Insinna WASHINGTON — At the rollout of Boeing’s newest commercial airliner, President Donald Trump indicated his administration could be looking at a large Super Hornet order. Huge, even. … More
- F-35C Needs New Outer Wings To Carry AIM-9XFeb 17, 2017 James Drew and Lara Seligman | Aerospace Daily & Defense Report The head of the F-35 Joint Program Office (JPO) says the outer wings of 32 carrier-based … More
- Navy to Test Fix for F-35C Catapult Problem Next WeekBy: Sam LaGrone F-35C launching from a test range in Lakehurst, N.J. US Navy Photo WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Navy is starting tests next week for a fix to a … More
- Lack of experienced maintainers is fueling the Corps’ aviation crisisBy: Jeff Schogol A key factor underlying the Marine Corps’ aviation crisis stems from the recent draw down of forces when droves of highly trained maintainers left the force a … More
- Oops. Using wrong oil damaged three $80 million Navy planes, requiring 6 new enginesBy Brock Vergakis The Virginian-Pilot NORFOLK Days before the aircraft carrier USS George H.W. Bush set out from Norfolk last month, the Navy had to scramble to fix a major … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 01/14/2017
Board of Directors Meeting: 1700 Wednesday, 1 March 2017, NAS Oceana O’Club
The January 2017 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
F-14 Tomcat Sunset Monument Commemorative Brick
For additional information, click here: Tomcat Brick
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
Your contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Statue bases or Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 02/19/2017
HRANA Squadron March Luncheon
When: 1130, Wednesday, 15 March 2017
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
VAW-123 50th Anniversary Celebration
When: 20, 21 April 2017
For Details: Click Here
Articles Updated: 02/11/2017
- A GUIDE TO THE FLEET THE UNITED STATES NEEDS
- America Has Too Many Military Bases
- Dear Trump: Open the Procurement Black Box
- EA-18G Growler Crew Saved By Portland-Based PJs After Canopy Explosion
- America’s First Step toward Reclaiming Naval Power
- The myth of America’s invincible military
- No, Mr. Trump, You Can’t Replace F-35 With A ‘Comparable’ F-18
- The F-35: We Need the Numbers and We Need Them Now
- How Much of an Advantage Is China’s Aircraft Carrier?
- Road to 350: What Does the US Navy Do Anyway?
Letter From U.S. Senator Warner (Virginia) On Carrier Gap: Click Here
The Need For Aircraft Carriers And Maritime Patrol/Helicopters