Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 04/24/2017
- Fighter pilot from aircraft carrier Carl Vinson ejects safely at seaBy: Christopher Diamond A Navy F/A-18E pilot from the carrier Carl Vinson ejected safely during routine flight operations, according to a Friday press release from the Navy’s 7th Fleet. The F/A-18E, assigned … More
- Carried away: The inside story of how the Carl Vinson’s canceled port visit sparked a global crisisBy: David B. Larter In early April, officials at U.S. Pacific Command were developing plans to respond to a sharp rise in tensions with North Korea. Defense Secretary James Mattis … More
- As Korea tensions deepen, Carl Vinson Strike Group deployment extendedBy: David B. Larter, April 18, 2017 The Carl Vinson Carrier Strike Group’s deployment has been extended by 30 days to patrol the waters off the Korean Peninsula as tensions … More
- US Navy lifts Goshawk grounding, though restrictions remainGareth Jennings The US Navy (USN) has lifted the grounding order on its fleet of Boeing T-45 Goshawk jet trainer aircraft, though restrictions remain in place while the service continues … More
- Navy: Jets will be modified as it determines oxygen problemBy: Ben Finley NORFOLK, Va. — The U.S. Navy on Saturday said it will allow a fleet of its training jets to fly again under modified conditions while it determines … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 01/14/2017
Board of Directors Meeting: 1700 Wednesday, 3 May 2017, NAS Oceana O’Club
The March 2017 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
F-14 Tomcat Sunset Monument Commemorative Brick
For additional information, click here: Tomcat Brick
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
Your contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Statue bases or Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 04/19/2017
HRANA Squadron May Luncheon
When: 1130, Wednesday, 17 May 2017
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
Speaker: CDR Martin Weyenberg – CO VFA-106
HRANA Annual Flight Suit Social
When: Friday 5 May 2017, 1800-2200
Where: NAS Oceana LSO School
For More Info: Click Here
VAW-123 50th Anniversary Celebration
When: 20, 21 April 2017
For Details: Click Here
Wings Over America Annual Golf Tournament
When: Friday, 19 May 2017
Where: NAS Oceana Aeropines Golf Course
For More Information/Registration: Click Here
Articles Updated: 04/13/2017
- How Trump Can Build a 350-Ship Navy
- Uncharted waters: US Navy still searching for path to a bigger fleet
- Versatile V-22 Osprey Is The Most Successful New Combat System Since 9-11
- What’s the purpose of President Trump’s Navy?
- Special Report : Aircraft carriers, championed by Trump, are vulnerable to attack
- Here’s how the F-35 stacks up to Russia and China’s 5th-generation aircraft
- VCNO: Navy Will Be “Flat Out Of Money” Without Supplemental Funding
- A GUIDE TO THE FLEET THE UNITED STATES NEEDS
- America Has Too Many Military Bases
- Dear Trump: Open the Procurement Black Box
Letter From U.S. Senator Warner (Virginia) On Carrier Gap: Click Here
The Need For Aircraft Carriers And Maritime Patrol/Helicopters