Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 01/19/2018
- Carrier USS Ronald Reagan Maintenance Prompted Short Vinson Carrier Strike Group DeploymentBy: Ben Werner An MH-60R Sea Hawk helicopter assigned to the “Blue Hawks” of Helicopter Maritime Strike Squadron (HSM) 78 participates in a change of command ceremony near the Nimitz-class aircraft … More
- USNI News Fleet and Marine Tracker: Jan. 16, 2018USNI News Image The USNI News Fleet and Marine Tracker is sponsored by CNA. These are the approximate positions of the U.S. Navy’s deployed carrier strike groups and amphibious ready groups throughout … More
- Vice Adm. DeWolfe Miller Becomes Navy’s 8th Air BossBy: Ben Werner Then Rear Adm. DeWolfe Miller III, former commander of Carrier Strike Group (CSG) 2, in a flight brief aboard the aircraft carrier USS George H.W. Bush (CVN-77) in … More
- French Rafale Fighters to Deploy on Carrier USS George H.W. Bush This SpringFrench navy Rafale Marine aircraft from the aircraft carrier FS Charles De Gaulle (R91) fly in formation above the flight deck of the aircraft carrier USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) … More
- First F-35Bs to deploy with 13th MEUAn F-35B Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter taxies to be refueled on the flight deck of amphibious assault ship Wasp (LHD-1) during night operations, a part of Operational Testing 1, … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 01/11/2018
Board of Directors Meeting: 1700 Wednesday, 7 March 2018, NAS Oceana O’Club
The November 2017 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
F-14 Tomcat Sunset Monument Commemorative Brick
For additional information, click here: Click Here
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
Your contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Statue bases or Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 01/19/2018
HRANA Squadron January Luncheon
When: 1100, Wednesday, 21 February 2018
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
Navy Blue Angels 2019 Schedule: Click Here
Articles Updated: 01/10/2018
- Electronic Warfare: The Part Of The F-35 Fighter Story You Haven’t Heard
- Report to Congress on Ford Class Carrier Program
- China’s military power already on par with US in East Asia
- China’s aircraft carrier conundrum: hi-tech launch system for old, heavy fighter jets
- GAO report: F-35 program challenged by slow maintenance and shortages of parts
- What will the Navy’s future aircraft carriers look like? They could be much smaller.
- Panel: Pentagon Facing Future Recruiting Challenge Due to Lack of Candidates
- Recent Carrier Deployment Raises More Questions About Navy’s Rash of Physiological Episode
- What are Trump’s military options in North Korea?
- SLOW DEATH OF THE AIRWING