Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 06/15/2021
- MDA: U.S. Aircraft Carriers Now at Risk from Hypersonic MissilesBy: Sam LaGrone The Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69) sails behind the Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Mitscher (DDG 57), March 3, 2021. US Navy photo. U.S. … More
- USNI News Fleet and Marine Tracker: June 14, 2021USNI News Illustration These are the approximate positions of the U.S. Navy’s deployed carrier strike groups and amphibious ready groups throughout the world as of June 14, 2021, based on … More
- The P-8A Poseidon’s mission readiness rate has suffered in recent years. Here’s whyGeoff Ziezulewicz Culinary Specialist Seaman Tyler Stender directs a P-8A Poseidon maritime patrol and reconnaissance aircraft on Nov. 24, 2020, in U.S. 5th Fleet. (MC2 Juan S. Sua/Navy) As the … More
- Navy’s new ‘Project Avenger’ flight training program aims to produce stronger aviatorsMarine 1st Lts. John Kenyon, top, and Matthew Lorber, student naval aviators assigned to the “Boomers” of Training Squadron 27, conduct a formation flight in T-6B Texan II aircraft above … More
- Navy training jets collide over TexasTwo T-45 Goshawk training jets collided in mid-air Monday over Texas. Two of the jets are shown here in 2019. (Navy) By: Geoff Ziezulewicz Two U.S. Navy T-45 Goshawk training aircraft collided in … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 04/08/2021
Board of Directors Meeting: 12 May 2021
The March 2021 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
Your contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Third Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 03/13/2021
HRANA Squadron Luncheon
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
Note: Due to the Coronavirus situation, all HRANA events for 2021 are suspended until further notice.
What: F-14 Tomcat Monument Dedication
Where: Naval Aviation Monument Park, Virginia Beach
When: TBD September 2021
Articles Updated: 05/04/2021
- Get real: The F-35 is the combat power America needs
- First F-35C Air Wing Ready to Bring 5th-Gen Fighters to Carrier Strike Group
- The U.S. Navy’s $3 Billion Plan To Rebuild An Aircraft Carrier
- Navy Brings ‘Precision Landing Mode’ Carrier Landing Assist Tool to New Fighter Pilots
- China Is Training To Sink U.S. Navy Aircraft Carriers
- Why The Navy Is Looking To End Carrier Qualifications Entirely For Its Pilots In Training
- No Margin Left: Overworked Carrier Force Struggles to Maintain Deployments After Decades of Overuse
- A Fleet without a Rudder
- Why Secretary Esper’s Call For Light Carriers Would Make The U.S. Navy Weaker
- RETHINKING THE U.S. NAVY’S CARRIER FLEET
America’s Active Aircraft Carriers: Click Here