Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 12/02/2020
- 7 little-known facts about ‘Top Gun’Diana Stancy Correll Tom Cruise in a scene from the 1986 film “Top Gun” produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. (Gannett News Service/Paramount Pictures) “Top Gun” is undoubtedly one of the most … More
- USNI News Fleet and Marine Tracker: Nov. 30, 2020USNI News Graph These are the approximate positions of the U.S. Navy’s deployed carrier strike groups and amphibious ready groups throughout the world as of Nov. 30, 2020, based on … More
- VIDEO: New Navy CMV-22B Makes First Carrier LandingBy: Sam LaGrone Sailors assigned to Fleet Logistics Multi-Mission Squadron (VRM) 30 direct a CMV-22B Osprey from the ‘Titans’ of VRM 30 on the flight deck of Nimitz-class nuclear aircraft carrier … More
- Navy Maritime Patrol Planes Flying From Cold War Base In Bermuda For First Time In DecadesThe ballooning presence of Russian submarines and new interest in the region from China has made the Navy up its maritime patrol game in the Atlantic. BYTHOMAS NEWDICK Bermuda, the … More
- As Supercarrier Ford Launches Largest-Ever Flight Ops, Leaders Try Out New Ways to FightCrew of the carrier Gerald R. Ford prepare to fuel aircraft on the flight deck Nov. 17. 2020 (Hope Hodge Seck/Staff) By Hope Hodge Seck OFF THE COAST OF NORFOLK, Virginia … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 07/25/2020
Board of Directors Meeting: TBD
The September 2020 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
Your contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Third Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 06/05/2020
HRANA Squadron Luncheon
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
Note: Due to the Coronavirus situation, all HRANA events for 2020 have been suspended.
Articles Updated: 11/13/2020
- No Margin Left: Overworked Carrier Force Struggles to Maintain Deployments After Decades of Overuse
- A Fleet without a Rudder
- Why Secretary Esper’s Call For Light Carriers Would Make The U.S. Navy Weaker
- RETHINKING THE U.S. NAVY’S CARRIER FLEET
- BRING BACK THE SEAPLANE
- The Aircraft Carrier We Need
- Navy Clear on Causes of Physiological Events in Pilots; Final Recommendations Released for PE Mitigation
- Claims Of Aircraft Carrier Vulnerability Are False, But The Versatility Is Real
- At a budgetary crossroads, the US Navy’s aviation wing must choose between old and new
- Pentagon Study Would Cut Aircraft Carriers, Undermining Most Useful U.S. Warfighting System
America’s Active Aircraft Carriers: Click Here