Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 12/11/2019
- USNI News Fleet and Marine Tracker: Dec. 10, 2019USNI News Image These are the approximate positions of the U.S. Navy’s deployed carrier strike groups and amphibious ready groups throughout the world as of Dec. 10, 2019, based on … More
- No surprises as carrier enters 6th Fleet’s area of operationsBy: Navy Times staff An F/A-18F Super Hornet from the “Red Rippers” of Strike Fighter Squadron 11 takes off from the flight deck of the aircraft carrier Harry S. Truman on … More
- Flame of Hope Needs Repairs
- Two years later, still no answers about what caused a fatal mishapBy: Geoff Ziezulewicz A C-2A Greyhound aircraft crash on Nov. 22, 2017, in the West Pacific took the lives of, from left, Lt. Steven Combs, Aviation Boatswain’s Mate (Equipment) Airman Matthew … More
- Royal Navy Intends HMS Queen Elizabeth to be Integrated into U.S. Carrier OperationsBy: Ben Werner HMS Queen Elizabeth (R08) in the Chesapeake Bay outside Annapolis, 21 November 2019. USNI News photo ABOARD HMS QUEEN ELIZABETH, IN THE CHESAPEAKE BAY — The U.K. Royal Navy intends … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 11/18/2019
Board of Directors Meeting: 1700 Wednesday, 8 January 2020, NAS Oceana O’Club
The November 2019 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
F-14 Tomcat Sunset Monument Commemorative Brick
For additional information: Click Here
LAST CALL! YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO PLACE A BRICK AT THE NAS OCEANA F-14 “PETTING ZOO” WILL TERMINATE AT THE END OF DECEMBER 2019. THE COST IS $125 PER BRICK. AFTER THAT ANY ORDERS RECEIVED WILL BE DONATED TO THE SOON-TO-BE TOMCAT TRIBUTE AT THE NAVAL AVIATION MONUMENT PARK, VIRGINIA BEACH OCEANFRONT.
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
Your contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Third Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 12/09/2019
HRANA Squadron January Luncheon
When: 1130, Wednesday, 8 January 2020
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
Articles Updated: 12/03/2019
- U.S. Navy Plans To Stop Buying P-8 Poseidon Sub Hunters Despite Growing Undersea Threat
- Former 4-Star Fleet Commanders: Don’t give up on carriers
- The US still needs aircraft carriers
- Why Aircraft Carriers Are The Most Cost-Effective Way Of Containing China’s Military
- OPINION: The Space Corps needs naval rank
- Why does the world look at an aircraft carrier as a barometer for Gulf tensions?
- Op-Ed: The strategic incoherence of our carrier policies
- Twilight of the flattop?
- What’s killing the US Navy’s air wing?
- US Marines turned a warship into an F-35 ‘Lightning carrier’ in a test to boost US power
America’s Active Aircraft Carriers: Click Here