Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 12/02/2021
- Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group Leaves For DeploymentBy: Heather Mongilio The aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman (CVN 75), lead ship of Carrier Strike Group (CSG) 8, transits the Atlantic Ocean during a restricted maneuvering exercise on Oct. … More
- Report to Congress on Gerald R. Ford Carrier ProgramNovember 30, 2021 10:37 AM The following is the Nov. 17, 2021, Congressional Research Service report, Navy Ford (CVN-78) Class Aircraft Carrier Program: Background and Issues for Congress. The aircraft … More
- USNI News Fleet and Marine Tracker: Nov. 29, 2021USNI News Graphic These are the approximate positions of the U.S. Navy’s deployed carrier strike groups and amphibious ready groups throughout the world as of Nov. 29, 2021, based on … More
- US Navy pulls parts off an under-construction aircraft carrier to get USS Gerald R. Ford ready to deployRyan Pickrell USS Gerald R. Ford underway on its own power for the first time in Newport News, Virginia, April 8, 2017. US Department of Defense The US Navy is pulling … More
- Second U.S. Aircraft Carrier Missile Target Spotted in Chinese DesertBy: H I Sutton Target in the shape of a U.S. carrier in the Xinjiang region. Satellite image ©2021 Maxar Technologies Used with Permission A second suspected missile target in the … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 11/23/2021
Board of Directors Meeting: 12 January 2022 @ 1600
Where: NAS Oceana ‘O’ Club
The November 2021 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
Your contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Third Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 11/10/2021
HRANA Flight Suit Social
Where: NAS Oceana LSO School
Date: Friday, 3 Dec. 2021
Social Time: 1630 – 1800
For More Information: Click Here
HRANA Squadron Luncheon
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
Articles Updated: 06/21/2021
- VIDEO: Explosive USS Gerald R. Ford Shock Trial Registered as 3.9 Magnitude Earthquake
- Get real: The F-35 is the combat power America needs
- First F-35C Air Wing Ready to Bring 5th-Gen Fighters to Carrier Strike Group
- The U.S. Navy’s $3 Billion Plan To Rebuild An Aircraft Carrier
- Navy Brings ‘Precision Landing Mode’ Carrier Landing Assist Tool to New Fighter Pilots
- China Is Training To Sink U.S. Navy Aircraft Carriers
- Why The Navy Is Looking To End Carrier Qualifications Entirely For Its Pilots In Training
- No Margin Left: Overworked Carrier Force Struggles to Maintain Deployments After Decades of Overuse
- A Fleet without a Rudder
- Why Secretary Esper’s Call For Light Carriers Would Make The U.S. Navy Weaker
America’s Active Aircraft Carriers: Click Here