Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 11/14/2017
- USNI News-CNA Fleet and Marine Tracker: Nov. 13, 2017November 13, 2017 USNI News Image The USNI News Fleet and Marine Tracker is sponsored by CNA. These are the approximate positions of the U.S. Navy’s deployed carrier strike groups and amphibious … More
- VIDEO: 3 Carriers Now Operating Off the Korean Peninsula with Japanese ShipsNovember 12, 2017 7:18 AM The following are photos and video of USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76), USS Nimitz (CVN-68) and USS Theodore Roosevelt(CVN-71), along with their escorts and air wings operating off the Korean peninsula … More
- Only one-third of Super Hornets ready to ‘fight tonight’ as of October, admiral says By: Geoff Ziezulewicz A Navy pilot prepares to depart Travis Air Force Base in California in an F/A-18F Super Hornet. (Heide Couch/Air Force) Just a third of the Navy’s F/A-18 Super … More
- Physiological Episodes Down in the Navy After Slew of Changes; New Pilot Production Rate Nearly Back to NormalBy: Megan Eckstein November 9, 2017 Commander, Naval Air Force, U.S. Pacific Fleet Vice Adm. Mike Shoemaker speaks with sailors in Atsugi, Japan on March 23, 2016. US Navy Photo WASHINGTON, … More
- VIDEO: Flight Operations on USS Gerald R. FordNovember 8, 2017 1:29 PM The following is Nov. 6, 2017 video of flight operations on carrier USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78).
Bulletin Board Updated: 11/12/2017
Board of Directors Meeting: 1700 Wednesday, 3 January 2018, NAS Oceana O’Club
The November 2017 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
F-14 Tomcat Sunset Monument Commemorative Brick
For additional information, click here: Tomcat Brick
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
Your contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Statue bases or Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 11/16/2017
HRANA Squadron January Luncheon
When: 1130, Wednesday, 17 January 2018
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
HRANA Squadron Christmas Party
When: Saturday, 16 December, 1800-2300
Where: Princess Ann Country Club, 3800 Pacific Avenue, Virginia Beach
See attached flyer for details: Click Here
Articles Updated: 11/16/2017
- GAO report: F-35 program challenged by slow maintenance and shortages of parts
- What will the Navy’s future aircraft carriers look like? They could be much smaller.
- Panel: Pentagon Facing Future Recruiting Challenge Due to Lack of Candidates
- Recent Carrier Deployment Raises More Questions About Navy’s Rash of Physiological Episode
- What are Trump’s military options in North Korea?
- SLOW DEATH OF THE AIRWING
- COURSE CORRECTION: THE NAVY NEEDS TO INVEST IN PEOPLE, NOT JUST PLATFORMS
- Naval Air: U.S. Carriers Disabled By Friendly Fire
- SECRETARY MATTIS’ “GUARDIAN ANGEL” AND HOW MARINE CORPS AVIATION CAN GET BACK ON TARGET
- Are Light Carriers Poised to Make a Comeback?