Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 05/27/2016
- The Navy has a shortage of fighter jets — will it hurt our ability to fight future wars?By Mike Hixenbaugh and Courtney Mabeus A Navy captain from Virginia Beach was testifying before Congress on Thursday about the shortage of flyable fighter jets at Oceana Naval Air Station. … More
- Eisenhower is on its way to the Persian Gulf to take on ISISDavid Larter, Navy Times The carrier Dwight D. Eisenhower and her escorts are doing last-minute preps ahead of a planned seven-month deployment that is expected to put them squarely in … More
- Navy: Two F/A-18s crash in Atlantic Ocean, pilots being flown to hospitalBy Brock Vergakis and Courtney Mabeus VIRGINIA BEACH Two F/A-18 fighter jets from Virginia Beach collided off the coast of North Carolina on Thursday, military officials said. The Navy said … More
- Boeing Pushing For New Engines, Advanced Cockpit on Super Hornets, GrowlerBy: Megan Eckstein First flight of the F/A-18E/F Advanced Super Hornet with conformal fuel tanks and Enclosed Weapons Pod. Boeing Photo The Navy has plans to boost its F/A-18E/F Super … More
- Navy May Back Away From Advanced Arresting Gear for Ford Carriers An artist’s conception of an installed Advanced Arresting Gear (AAG) on a U.S. carrier. General Atomics Image The Navy could consider using a different system to catch incoming aircraft … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 05/15/2016
Board of Directors Meeting: 1700, Wednesday, 6 July 2016
NAS Oceana Officers Club
The May 2016 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
F-14 Tomcat Sunset Monument Commemorative Brick
For additional information, click here: Tomcat Brick
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
May2016BODMay2016BODYour contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Statue bases or Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 05/19/2016
HRANA Squadron June Luncheon
When: Wednesday, 29 June 2016
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
Speaker: Lockheed Martin giving the latest update on the F-35 Program
All Aviation Golf Tournament
When: Friday, 27 May 2016
Where: NAS Oceana Aeropines Golf Course
For More Information: Click Here
Memorial Day Ceremony
WHEN: Monday, May 30.2016, Noon to 1 PM
WHERE: Tidewater Veterans Memorial, 19th Street across from the Virginia
Beach Convention Center
HRANA will place a wreath
Articles Updated: 05/27/2016
- Navy Lays Bare F/A-18 Readiness Gaps, Could Take Year to Surge Air Wing
- Opinion: It’s Time to Rethink U.S. Carrier CONOPS
- On the Brink of Disaster: Can Congress Save the U.S. Military?
- The Marines Are Running Out of Fighter Jets
- TOP GUN AT 30: A RETROSPECTIVE FROM TWO NAVAL AVIATORS
- The Basics: Inside the Carrier Air Wing
- Navy Digging Out Of Fighter Shortfall; Marines Still Struggling To Fly At Home
- A warrior’s career sacrificed for politics
- 12th US Aircraft Carrier Necessary In Increasingly Dangerous World
- The future of America’s aircraft carriers? Floating drone factories.
The Need For Aircraft Carriers