Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 05/26/2017
- Naval officer takes over F-35 program as Bogdan retiresBy: Valerie Insinna WASHINGTON — Leadership of the F-35 program passed from the Air Force to the Navy on Thursday, as the joint program office looks toward wrapping up the … More
- Trump’s First Defense Budget Has North Korea Written All Over ItBY PATRICK TUCKER Donald Trump’s first defense-budget request contains large increases for weapons intended to shoot down North Korean missiles or even attack them on their launchers. The budget bumps … More
- US Navy’s FY18 budget: Steady as she goesBy: Christopher P. Cavas WASHINGTON — Judging by the number of ships, aircraft and weapons the Pentagon wants to buy in 2018, there are no significant differences between the Trump administration’s proposed … More
- Buying 3 carriers at once could save $1.5 billion, cut 2 years off production, shipyard saysBy Brock Vergakis, The Virginian-Pilot NEWPORT NEWS The only shipyard to build aircraft carriers in the United States says the Navy’s vision for building them more frequently could save $1.5 … More
- A switch in the wrong position caused Oceana’s largest ever jet-fuel spill, Navy saysBy Courtney Maebus, The Virginian-Pilot VIRGINIA BEACH An incorrectly positioned switch that routed jet fuel into a tank that was too small and overflowed for hours appears to be the … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 05/08/2017
Board of Directors Meeting: 1700 Wednesday, 5 July 2017, NAS Oceana O’Club
The May 2017 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
F-14 Tomcat Sunset Monument Commemorative Brick
For additional information, click here: Tomcat Brick
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
Your contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Statue bases or Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 05/20/2017
HRANA Squadron June Luncheon
When: 1130, Wednesday, 21 June 2017
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
Speaker: RADM Christopher Cole – CO USS Kearsarge during…
Subj: Capt. Scott O’Grady (USAF) “BASHER 52” Rescue From Bosnia
Virginia Beach Memorial Day Ceremony
WHEN: Monday, May 29, 2017, Formal Ceremony,1200-1300
WHERE: Tidewater Veterans Memorial, 19th Street, across from the Convention
HRANA members will place a wreath at the site.
U.S. Navy – Summer White
U.S. Marine Corps – Dress Blues
HRANA – HRANA Shirt
Articles Updated: 05/18/2017
- CNO urges faster path to bigger Navy, hints at naval warfare transformation
- A Navy pilot’s take: The Air Force doesn’t have a pilot crisis, it has a leadership crisis
- In battle to control sea and air, how do China’s aircraft carriers stack up against other nations?
- How Trump Can Build a 350-Ship Navy
- Uncharted waters: US Navy still searching for path to a bigger fleet
- Versatile V-22 Osprey Is The Most Successful New Combat System Since 9-11
- What’s the purpose of President Trump’s Navy?
- Special Report : Aircraft carriers, championed by Trump, are vulnerable to attack
- Here’s how the F-35 stacks up to Russia and China’s 5th-generation aircraft
- VCNO: Navy Will Be “Flat Out Of Money” Without Supplemental Funding
Letter From U.S. Senator Warner (Virginia) On Carrier Gap: Click Here
The Need For Aircraft Carriers And Maritime Patrol/Helicopters