Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 08/21/2019
- Four aircraft damaged in carrier ‘bolter’ mishapBy: Geoff Ziezulewicz An E-2D Hawkeye assigned to the “Bluetails” of Carrier Airborne Early Warning Squadron 121 on the deck of the aircraft carrier Abraham Lincoln in July. One of the … More
- USNI News Fleet and Marine Tracker: Aug. 19, 2019USNI News Graphic These are the approximate positions of the U.S. Navy’s deployed carrier strike groups and amphibious ready groups throughout the world as of Aug. 19, 2019, based on … More
- Plans for a new base closing round may be running out of time: ReportBy: Leo Shane III Crew chiefs from the 62nd Aircraft Maintenance Squadron work to repair a C-17 Globemaster III at March Air Reserve Base in California on April 3, 2019. (Airman … More
- This aircraft carrier skipper fled Iran as a child. Now he’s preparing to deploy amid heightened tensions.By Brock Vergakis Capt. Kavon Hakimzadeh, photographed in his office aboard the USS Harry S. Truman at Norfolk Naval Station on August 12, 2019. recalls stories about living in Iran … More
- With mounting questions about cost and survivability, a shifting political landscape for US aircraft carriersBy: David B. Larter and Joe Gould The U.S. Navy’s forward-deployed aircraft carrier Ronald Reagan cruises during Talisman Sabre 2019 on July 22, 2019, in the Coral Sea. (MC2 Kaila Peters/U.S. Navy) WASHINGTON … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 07/20/2019
Board of Directors Meeting: 1700 Wednesday, 4 September 2019, NAS Oceana O’Club
The July 2019 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
F-14 Tomcat Sunset Monument Commemorative Brick
For additional information, click here: Click Here
LAST CALL! YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO PLACE A BRICK AT THE NAS OCEANA F-14 “PETTING ZOO” WILL TERMINATE AT THE END OF DECEMBER 2019. THE COST IS $125 PER BRICK. AFTER THAT ANY ORDERS RECEIVED WILL BE DONATED TO THE SOON-TO-BE TOMCAT TRIBUTE AT THE NAVAL AVIATION MONUMENT PARK, VIRGINIA BEACH OCEANFRONT.
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
Your contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Third Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 08/14/2019
HRANA Squadron June Luncheon
When: 1130, Wednesday, 21 August 2019
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
Speaker: Captain Joseph E. Deer, USCG, Commanding Officer, USCG Air Station Elizabeth City
Biography: Click Here
Navy Blue Angels 2019 Schedule: Click Here
Articles Updated: 07/29/2019
- OPINION: The Space Corps needs naval rank
- Navy to Change Pilot Call Sign Protocol After Minority Aviators Report Bias
- Why does the world look at an aircraft carrier as a barometer for Gulf tensions?
- Op-Ed: The strategic incoherence of our carrier policies
- Twilight of the flattop?
- What’s killing the US Navy’s air wing?
- US Marines turned a warship into an F-35 ‘Lightning carrier’ in a test to boost US power
- Is military aviation getting any safer? New mishap data shows mixed results.
- Retiring the Truman Early Is a Necessary Strategic Decision
- Legal storm clouds gather over Diego Garcia
America’s Active Aircraft Carriers: Click Here