Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 01/15/2019
- USNI News Fleet and Marine Tracker: Jan. 14, 2019These are the approximate positions of the U.S. Navy’s deployed carrier strike groups and amphibious ready groups throughout the world as of Jan. 14, 2019, based on Navy and public … More
- After years of talks, Japan to buy island for US aircraft-carrier landing practice, report saysAn FA-18/F Super Hornet takes part in field carrier-landing practice on the Japanese island of Iwo To, formerly known as Iwo Jima, in 2007. By CAITLIN DOORNBOS | STARS AND STRIPESPublished: January … More
- SECNAV to Trump: Ford Carrier Weapons Elevators Will be Fixed by Summer, or ‘Fire Me’By: Megan Eckstein Secretary of the Navy Richard V. Spencer This post has been updated to include additional statements from the Navy and from Sen. Jim Inhofe. WASHINGTON, D.C. – The … More
- Navy Could Award 2-Carrier Contract by End of January, With Expected $4B in SavingsBy: Megan Eckstein A 2013 artist’s concept of the future carrier Enterprise (CVN-80). DoD Image This post has been updated to include a statement from Huntington Ingalls Industries. The clock is … More
- Here’s the first look at the Sikorsky-Boeing Defiant helicopterBy: Jill Aitoro Sikorsky and Boeing provided the first look at the new Defiant helicopter, one of two designs participating in the Army’s Joint Multi-Role-Medium Technology Demonstrator Program. (Courtesy Sikorsky-Boeing Team) … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 01/10/2019
Board of Directors Meeting: 1700 Wednesday, 6 March 2019, NAS Oceana O’Club
The November 2018 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
F-14 Tomcat Sunset Monument Commemorative Brick
For additional information, click here: Click Here
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
Your contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Statue bases or Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 01/16/2019
HRANA Squadron February Luncheon
When: 1130, Wednesday, 20 February 2019
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
Navy Blue Angels 2019 Schedule: Click Here
Articles Updated: 01/16/2019
- The Pentagon needs a navalist as secretary of defense
- ‘We’ll see how frightened America is’ — Chinese admiral says sinking US carriers key to dominating South China Sea
- The US Navy’s carriers have a gaping hole in their defenses against a growing threat, and drones may soon fill it
- Navy Nightmare: Could Iran Sink a U.S. Aircraft Carrier?
- Too big to sail? US aircraft carriers could go the way of the dinosaur
- Why the Navy thinks the carrier Gerald R. Ford will work after all
- China confirms for the first time that it has a third aircraft carrier in the works
- Report to Congress on Gerald R. Ford-class Aircraft Carrier Program
- As It Begins Its Second Century, Is the Aircraft Carrier Obsolete?
- Has safety improved a year after Navy and Marine aviation crisis?